Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Cotton Candy!!!!

One of my more whimsical Bucket List items has been accomplished: item #27 get a full size Pink Cotton Candy Machine.


Technically, my husband ordered it for me as a surprise, but hey--that counts! :D


The machine arrived somewhat early in the morning (as far as the schedule for when my deliveries arrive) and it was a total surprise to open my door to the delivery man sliding this extra large box to my door. 


I pushed it into my living room and opened it up, ecstatic but also a tad dismayed knowing I was on my own putting it together. If you know me well, you are aware that I am *not* handy. Sure, I have my little pink tool bag with my pink hammer and all that jazz, but hammering some nails in a wall and unscrewing battery plates is the extent of my talent.


I can do this, I thought. Heck, I even posted a fb pic with that caption:
"I can do this"


This is good for me, I thought. I am 30 years old, for crying out loud, what kind of adult am I if I can't put my own Cotton Candy Machine together? (yes, even I get the irony there)




Once I got past the fact that the only instructions were a simple line drawing illustration IKEA style(not a fan!) and actually looked at my tool and what the parts were, assembly was a breeze! Next up, pouring the sugar in the drum and making cotton candy! Wooo Hooo!

I made several cones for my daughter and I, and it was awesome! So far I have only made the standard Cherry(pink) and Blue Raspberry(uh....blue) but on the way are some other fun flavors I ordered from an Organic company called Nature's Flavors that I can not wait to try and post my review. Life is Good.


2 comments:

  1. So cute! I want one! Where did he order it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. amazon.com !

    Just type in cotton candy machine and all kinds of options come up. :)

    ReplyDelete