Monday, September 20, 2010

It is almost Time!

 It is almost my Birthday--less than a month to go until October 17th. I have been controlling myself from starting on my endeavors since I think it would be technically cheating if I started to much before my Birthday.

I have started on one item. I am now officially an Affiliated Agent of Secret Agent L. Making me....Affiliated Agent RR. Secret Agent L(or SAL) can sometimes be swamped with e-mails, so I was worried the approval reply may take a while. Luckily, it did not, so now I am just sitting on my hands waiting to do some great secret missions to brighten people's day.

Luckily, we are moving next month from Alaska to Arizona, which makes it somewhat easy for me to not cheat. ;) My French books and lesson guides are all packed away in the moving trailer, as are my dress patterns and sewing machine, and many of the other items I simply can not do in Alaska anyway. Alaska isn't known for their shark cages. = ) Alaska does have surfing, however, and I may be coming back to do some surfing in Kodiak with friends that live there.

For my Birthday I am taking a trip to Chicago, and will be attempting to accomplish a couple of my list items while there. Chicago. What a glorious city. I was born there, a little trivia tidbit that makes me proud. During my school years, I lived in one of the suburbs, so I think that makes me lucky-I always have double the great areas to go visit when I go home. (And double the fantastic people)

I am still 100% optimistic about completing my list, and greatly looking forward to it. Aaaaand am so excited about sharing each adventure! Yes, some of the items are going to be a challenge. Any that are not completed at the end of the year of being 30 will go directly to the next list-31 Things to Accomplish While I am 31!

3 comments:

  1. This is great! I wish you the best on your journey in the coming year! It is always inspiring to see what goals others have set for themselves.

    P.S. I may just buy one of those vintage dresses from you! Or perhaps I may try to make one myself!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You had better come surfing sometime! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Laura, I promise to come surfing! (in Summer!) What fun it will be, *and* a great blog entry, with pics, no? = ) As long as you and Ryan do not mind being featured in my Blog.

    Dana--I would LOVE to make you one, *but* it would also be fabulous if you did one yourself! Part of my doing this blog is that I hope to inspire people to follow suit and try new things! Anyone can do anything in this life.

    ReplyDelete